Good Deed Day at the University of Exeter
Posted on 18 Feb 2015
Exeter Student Volunteers at the University of Exeter Students' Guild was one of ten groups to receive a £200 grant to support their Good Deed Day plans. With 1 week to go, they updated us recently to let us know the programme of events.
The details for all of our wonderful projects on GOOD DEEDS DAY have been announced!
Students don't need a DBS or training for any of these projects as they are all one off, so there is no excuse not to sign up.
There is a wide variety of opportunities on offer:
- sow seeds and prune the plants at the campus community garden
- clear the grounds and plant some shrubs at St Sidwells centre
- cycle to Double Locks and back for Headway Devon
- help the children at Ladysmith infant community café with arts and crafts
- paint the stables and harvest the fruit and vegetables with the ‘Farms for city children’ project
- promote ‘Families for children’ at Princesshay and run a ‘carry your shopping to your car’ service
With so many different projects there is something for everyone so sign up to do your good deed today!
Click here to visit the Exeter Student Volunteers blog
Categories: Good deed day